All 60 art Reviews

Fencer Fencer

Dat foreshortening tho

AND THEN HERE COMES THE GIANT FIST!!! AND THEN HERE COMES THE GIANT FIST!!!

That background compliments really well!

#98 #98

Great contrast with the shadows in the color palette. Love the design of the nose as well, very unique! I think it'd be cool to see a full background in this style.

They Live (remastered) They Live (remastered)

Love the design of the FG characters pupils, totally unique.

Wario Wario

Would love to see a timelapse, the shading is pretty unique.

geogant responds:

Thanks! One of these days I'll get around to doing videos.

mario mario

Love the humpty dumpty art style and the sheen on the mustache. Would love to see more characters in this dumpy style.

The Last 24 The Last 24

You pulled off the extreme angle really well! Good work on perspective in such a complex scene.

Breakfast of Champions Breakfast of Champions

Could you give any tips on how you get the look of your lighting/colors in your pieces?

devilsgarage responds:

Im really not the best at lighting and tend to use the same setting for all my scenes. So take all this with a grain of salt - One of the first things I did was to figure out how to correctly set up my scene for outdoor lighting using VRay4C4D as a rendering engine.[VRay though a very powerful render engine, has very limited tutorials for C4D. If you are a blender user, I'd recommended Cycles] Most of these tutorials are available for free on youtube. VRay can handle bounce lighting very well, and that makes a world of a difference in my renders. I also us two point light to lighten up some of the darker areas, either by using a area light off screen.

I would recommend Efficient Cinematic Lighting | The Gnomon Workshop - by Pixar artitst Jeremy Vickery as a great starting point on improving one's lighting.

Hope you find all this useful SouthernShotty
Cheers

Dont Breathe Dont Breathe

The weight and balance are very realistic. The left leg in particular.

The smoke is a really cool style too!

Quina Quen Quina Quen

My favorite character! Beautiful colors and solid linework.